Saturday, July 16, 2011

Full Moon, takes one and two


I like that you can see details of the moon's face, but everything else around
it is lost in the darkness, which was not complete at the time. I set the F-stop,
shutter speed and ISO manually, but cannot remember what they were. I
should have recorded them before deleting the photos from the camera.
I am still learning how to use my camera. I finally have read the manual and discovered that I can do some things that I was wishing I could do. I also now better understand things like "aperture." Even though I spent nearly 20 years taking photos for a small town newspaper, I never quite got the hang of some of that stuff. I was a writer first, photographer second and always used the automatic settings.

These two moon shots were taken on different evenings, using different settings. Would like to put the best aspects of the two into one photo. That will take more experimenting.
You can see clouds and trees in this photo, but the face of the moon is
merely bright white. This was taken with the camera's night scene
setting, with the flash off.

1 comment:

Paul and Melanie said...

Great pics, I too am learning more about my camera, still use the auto settings far too often but trying to learn... :)