Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Full Swing

Snap peas. My favorite.
Our weather decided to jump straight from May to July this week, bringing high temperatures into the upper 90s.
So I get into the heat-of-summer mode, getting out early (no diddling around online) and spending the afternoon processing all the goodies I've harvested -- today, collard, snow peas, snap peas, cauliflower and asparagus all went into the freezer. I still have bags of collard greens in the fridge to steam and freeze and kale, kale and more kale to pick.
So in the morning I harvest, weed, water, mulch, fertilize and whatever else I can squeeze in. Then I'm in the kitchen most of the afternoon.
No time to take pictures or blog.
The tomatoes are yet cageless. Four little trees need to be planted, along with the grapevines... so much to do, so little daylight, yet these are the longest days.
Not complaining. That's just the way it is.

No comments: