Thursday, August 4, 2011

Uh... what's that stuff?

When clouds in the sky
Mean rain in July,
How happy am I!

So, it's August. I made up this little poem last week -- when it was still July -- and some clouds rolled across pretending like they might give us some rain. But how do I rhyme August? This photo is from this morning, and it is raining lightly. I was getting ready to take a basket of clothes out to the line to dry, when I heard the welcome sound of rain pitty patting on the garage roof.
A damp sidewalk.
It stopped and I went ahead and took the clothes out, even though a light rain started again as I was pinning them to the line. If it doesn't stop long enough to dry them, I will bring them in and put them in the dryer. I hope that it doesn't just lightly rain enough to keep the clothes from drying, but not enough to give the garden a good drink.

Anyway, the reprieve from the heat is welcome. For the first time in more than a month I have shut off the air conditioning and opened the windows.

Mmmmmmmmmm.... Brandywine! I ate the first Brandywine tomato of the season last night. They can look kind of funny, but they are the tastiest (in my opinion) tomato around.

No comments: