This sight makes me happy.
Three months after moving, I finally have a garden again.
Yesterday I went out early in the morning and finished planting the tilled areas with leafy greens for fall harvest. At the time of this photo moisture fell from the sky.... finally, after three weeks of not even a sprinkle and unusually hot temperatures. Today we're in the low to mid-80s (Fahrenheit). Aaaahhh.
Leaves rain from the from the trees.
Two days ago I planted kale, brussels sprouts for their greens, collards, winter radishes, aind cilantro. Everything has started sprouting -- except the cilantro, which is always pokey. Yesterday it was arugula and more kale. I expect they'll be popping up tomorrow.
| What's left of the summer garden. Eggplants have done well. I'm still waiting for the bell peppers to ripen. The tomatoes did not do great, although the little cherry ones (Sun Peach) have done fine. |
Once the fourth bed is tilled and prepped, I'll fill it with lettuce and "spring" radishes that will fill out sooner than the winter radishes.
It feels good, a relief to finally put a garden in. I've had the summer veggies growing in big plastic tubs, but having seeds scattered on the earth feels so good.
We're home.

No comments:
Post a Comment