Monday, September 28, 2026

Doorways and Portals

An entrance to another realm?

  "A Door is Opening."

The Autumnal Equinox has long been celebrated as the main Harvest Festival. For many, many years I've considered it to be a Thanksgiving festival and celebrated it with others, putting together a special feast we shared. 

The Equinox occurred a week ago and I did not meet with others for a feast. Instead I participated in a virtual guided meditation that began at the moment of the Equinox, when the Sun reached the halfway point between its position in the Sky at the two Solstices. 

As soon as I settled into a meditative statement the phrase "A Door is Opening..." came into my mind.

In a sense the Equinox is a moment of balance between the light and dark halves of the year.

At Summer Solstice the Sun began its descent toward the southern horizon, heading toward the Winter Solstice.

From a past Equinox celebration.

The changing of the season is obvious now as the Sun sets much earlier, almost full dark by 8 pm, and rises later. I can now easily rise before the Sun.

I love going outside in the gray morning light to sip my coffee. I'm almost disappointed when the Sun tops the trees,  chasing away the twilight.

The Day begins. A door opens...

The Door opens to new possibilities...

Blessings...

Challenges...

The new day will hold them all. If I am well grounded I will face both with stability and presence. I do not face all the challenges well right now, but each one gives me another opportunity.

For I do have a choice as to how I face each one. It's a matter of perspective.

I root deeply, raising my arms to the Sky in Prayer.

Each challenge is an opportunity to grow, to strengthen our resolve... power lifting for our Spirit.

When challenges create difficulty in maintaining calm, continuing with healing myself, doing my daily spiritual practices, and finding gratitude I often feel that I can't, or don't want to do those things. 

It's easy to find stillness within, to face the world with Love, to express Gratitude when all is well. When challenges arise and things fall apart, however, that is when we most need to find the will to do them.

Stay grounded. Dwell in Love.

I don't know what the next few years will bring, or the next few days. I don't even know for certain what words I will write next.

If I remain grounded, rooted in Spirit I might not like what comes, but I will be guided to move through as best as I can. And find something good.

When I sit outside in the backyard I delight in watching squirrels scurry through the trees, and the much rarer appearance of little chipmunks. The birds sing to me and call to their mates or sound warnings. This grounds and heals me.

Kale in my new garden, promising an
abundant harvest.
My little garden fills with green, promising future feasts of kale, collards, brussels sprouts greens, lettuce and radishes. I am grateful for the abundance as I watch the summer crops fade.

This is my joy... my Joy.

The Summer's abundance is gone, but now we harvest long-storing foods that nourished our ancestors through the Winter...

Apples, nuts, winter squashes, and a number of root vegetables. I look forward to fermenting winter radishes and cooking and freezing the greens.

Leaves fall. The squirrels know Winter is not far. They fatten themselves on the abundance of nuts, and store many for the leaner days.

Leaves fall and a door opens. What will I see through that portal? What will I find if I step through?

Will I step through?

The Choice is Mine. I create my World, the World.

Step through with Purpose, Intention, and Love.

A Door is Opening.





No comments: