Monday, October 5, 2026

Abundance and Blessings

 


Abundance is Everywhere...

A plethora of little cherry tomatoes, the last of this season...

A dense growth of young kale (that I started thinning today) for fall harvest...

Good neighbors, good friends, good family surrounding us...

People willing to help in so many ways, if we just ask... sometimes even when we don't ask...

Too often we feel we are in poverty because we don't see the blessings and abundance surrounding us, and running through our lives like threads of gold.

But we are surrounded by abundance, regardless of any lack in our lives.

We simply need to look for it.

I certainly am not perfect in this. I focus so intensely on one aspect of my life where I feel a lack that I fail to recognize what it represents, and to give thanks for what it means to my continued health. It is an opportunity, not a lack. My perspective and expectations make it seem like poverty.

It is not. It is a blessing.

Blessings and abundance fill my life, if I simply pay attention, notice what they are... Some things fall apart, so we need to cast our gaze on what is going well... even if it is small...

In general, my tomatoes did not do well this year. I had none to dehydrate or freeze.

But these cherry tomatoes (Sun Peach) did quite well and continue to give their all. Most likely they will continue to do so until cold weather steps in.

Abundance may come in small ways, but it is abundance still.

Thank you.


No comments: